1. Post on G+ after squiqillions of years.
2. Say hello to brain.
3. Floss for SECOND day in a row. This is elementary to some, but not to ME, dear Watson.
4. Practice piano again, as I became allergic to my own musicianship and kinda quit for a while but didn’t tell anyone because I didn’t want to hear the “awwwww why???” and then have to have the ‘well-why-don’t-you-give-me-MONEY-then-FOOLZ!’ conversation. #ahem
5. Run a bunch of rando errands that take as much time as a real person’s job because I am a meandering Xondorian space cadet with the attention span of a Concord grape–but I have accepted this, oh yes, I have accepted this.
6. Am considering video blogging and going back to making my rough-ass looking videos even though I have not figured out how to make crisp mountain-fresh cinematography and my YouTubery looks like it has been through a grainy mayonnaise bath. I don’t want to be mistaken for one of the screaming goats.
Maybe. They’re sort of cute and funny. I could do a lot worse.
I found THE old post I wrote but didn’t publish for some weirdo reason on my 39th birthday, 2.5 years ago. I thought I’d show it now for your a-moose-mint. And to motivate myself because I was already feeling elderly when I was still youngirly. So I need to get over it and suck it up! Chop choppitty!!
1. this is my last thirties year. i do not feel like an elder-berry. so I am not going to Act like One.
2. I have a feeling of urgency regarding goals. This probably has to do with a kicked up libido, the feeling that I am running out of hooks, tests that have indicated wonky kidney function, decreased attention span when reading historical biographies and informational texts, a decreased tolerance for alcohol and steak, my body starting to argue with my predilection for eating candy and keeping weird hours, the presence of electric guitar players in my general destiny, and increased eye wrinkles.
3. My right shoulder hurts and I am fixing to go to the movies. The whole town is at Formula 1. Aerosmith is in town. I did not ask them to dinner. This has less to do with the kitchen being a mess and more to do with the fact that they are Famous People and I do not have access to their phone numbers.
4. If I did, I would make them listen to some Billy and the Psychotics stuff – because that’s the stuff I’m having people listen to lately when I say “hey, look at this cool stuff I do,” and I think we’re getting pretty consistently good.
5. I’m not just being silly, I don’t think.
so. Just in time for the blogathon. I sliced my finger with a kitchen tool. because I am a tool. Also, my websites are not updated. Or functional. Because I suck big eggo. But enough with the self loathing. I have written many Entertaining and Meritorious songs and learned totally all about how to record all the sounds! That’s right! I’m all done!
(no. Not really. We are NEVER done learning audio. Hear that? NEVER EVER!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH! It’s like prison. For EAR MURDERERS. Because that’s what I do. I murder your EARS! But more on that tomorrow when I learn to type really fast with my stylus and my right hand! Also I’ll update on my goings on with tiny and informative videos.(…..))
I KNOW! NOBODY BELIEVES!!!!
1. I’m fixing to go to the grocery store. I’m oddly excited about this.
2. I have a slight sunburn. I started a tiny herb garden this weekend.
3. I think I sort of like my song. Learning about recording is going slowly. I still need help. I’m okay with it now. I’ve got people on my team so I should just accept this and focus on what I’m good at. This gave me a sense of peace inside and I felt a lot better about myself.
4. I read about medieval torture devices today. I don’t know why I do this. It’s a family thing, I think (not Medieval torture. Reading about weird and creepy things. My brother and I both look at serial killer books and websites and creepy history topic things. No, we are not awash with the evil). Anyway, I’m really glad I live now because I would have been sure to mouth off in the past and receive an awful punishment of some kind.
5. People are still being tortured in the world today. I thought about that while reading this horrible article. This made me feel a lot differently about everything I go through on a day to day basis. At the very worst, my life on the earth is sometimes a confusing puzzle. That there are people on the earth who live totally choiceless, tortured existences FOR REAL is completely unacceptable.
6. I’m not sure what I can do about this in an effective fashion.
1. coffee gets cold too quickly, and it’s a damn shame.
2. i’m not feeling very creative lately and am in that weird place where I look at things that I wrote in The Long Ago and think “wow! I wrote that?!
3. HTML often does not behave itself and must be managed like an unruly child that refuses to finish its broccoli.
4. I have to spell check ‘broccolil’ often (I didn’t there), and also don’t usually refer to children as “it.”
5. my breath could improve and I do realize you’re all sick of hearing about this sad fact.
6. I have no idea why we capitalize ‘I’ in sentences if we are not going to capitalize “me” as well. I’m sure there’s some reason that I would find “oh duh”-inducing, but probably still would not like.
7. My house is haunted and I keep hearing loud, unexplainable noises.
8. I shouldn’t like buffalo wings but I do anyway.
9. I have never mown the grass. There has always been someone around me who would prefer to do this chore and I have never protested because it seemed like such an arduous task and also I felt a little sorry for the grass (I actually did, I’m not just being funny-for-show). Plus, it was just going to grow back anyhow and living in a huge jungle-y thicket has some small romantic appeal.
Hello. It’s mid-January and I’m crying in a drugstore parking lot.
Some random person honked at me. In a rude way. Also my mascara is running. Smooth.
I’m not going to pretend to be okay right now. I’m going to go ahead and admit a little bit of New Year defeat and bootstrap it up because my new 2014 thing is Try Again Immediately. It’s going to be a year of Awesome Bold Tries and Massive Honesty and Glorious Spectacular Fail.
Today I found out my Important Medicine Doctor is retiring this summer. This puts a HUGE boot through my plans. I can trace the demise of my sanity back to my really bad reaction over the departure of another doctor of mine, but that’s a long story for another Mental Health Day.
1. Am off my medicine routine.
2. Am back on the smack(s):
3. my sleep is screwed.
4. I drank Vodka last night. Yes. JUST vodka. Like I’m in my 20s. But I’m NOT.
5. I’m practicing, but not really.
6. I’m avoiding some stuff and things. and stuff.
7. My Cylon is winning the war and gives me nothing but sass.
8. I’ve been mean to my kitchen so my laundry is giving me the silent treatment.
9. My engineering lacks subtlety or finesse.
10. I’m elderly and boring and Un-Sexy.
Thanks for Flying Emo Airlines. Tomorrow is another Day.
1. Deal with WordPressissuedammit
2. Stop sneaking out with candy
3. Wash clothes.
4. Clean ears.
5. ReRecord Everything
6. Throw away most of my Evernotes. Into the lava of mt. doom.
8. Eat salad.
9. Go back on Internet. Keep tweeting into the vast silence that is the void of the blackness that is Social Media
10. Retag everything I wrote ever.
11. Create Charming Videos in which I bother to brush hair.
12. here is an orange. It’s not a Pumpkin but it tried, okay? 🙂