This is going to be in the form of a short list. First, a disclaimer.
2/3 of these lyrics were written in 2008. They have lain in wait for completion, purpose and a part.
This song is about a few things.
1. The birth of doubt. Doubt of all kinds, both general and specific
2. The birth and youth of my specific doubt
3. Cowardice, ignorance, and passing the buck
4. The subject of abortion, from a woman’s perspective.. not for or against- just that it’s terrible, tragic, hard, awful, and heartbreaking.
5. Suicide. We know for sure, at least, that it IS a death.
In a way, the whole song is about apathy, fatigue, sexuality, birth, death, and choice (not for or against- just that it is there to be made or passed over).
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone