a friend of mine is having a fru-klunksy day. she writes and adores punctuation (she probably also likes Proper Capitalization, but that is neither-here-nor-there-zi-toad…#orizit …).
Anyway. This is a quick afternoon poem I jotted down on the Misbehaving Cylon McSmackbook for her.
because your day is bad…
you may forget to understand
everywhere your feet dance
..they leak from the furniture
-the calming of dilemmas
-page turns go quicker
….you gather loose ends.
i don’t think like this -
and i never will.
some people’s punctuation has wings.
some people’s stands still.
but yours carries thinking along,
seducing the parlance;
completing the marathon of a stand-still
if given merely half a chance.
1. I like lists.
2. I don’t like email unless I am really into you. I write exquisite but insane letters.
3. I get addicted easily and disgusted permanently with dumb situations.
4. I enjoy chocolate and cream cheese, but not together.
5. I’ve been too lenient with my Pig intake.
6. I am a writer and I should just accept this.
7. I couldn’t decide for a while, but I am Publicly declaring that we shall give the Cocktail Sausages a skip this Christmas Eve.
8. We are still making the pesto. And the Crab<-x … CRAP-dip.
9. that is what my mom always called it.
10. my mom was the funniest girl in the whole universe. i love her and miss her because she taught me everything I know about having class and when I wasn't acting right she'd say" where's your Irish?" like my Grandmother before her and probably that goes all the way back to before Galveston.
11. this is the first Christmas I do not feel scared of missing Mom so much I can't breathe.
12. this Christmas, I am not waiting in agony in the cold for my life to start – having just had my girl-parts operated on by crazy mad scientists.
13. I hope the Psychotics work out this year, and other projects too – indeed, the whole mad internet thing I decided to experiment with instead of booking live shows like a normal Austinite (:/) … but who knows these things. I need to show some more respect for all of these things I think, because it's all really legit and none of it is silly because it is all filled with lovely people.
I know that at one point I sat around, smoking cigars, eating smoked salmon, drinking Blue Moon with lovely orange slices, thinking these things.
ps. Apparently there is a Fry-ed Chicken place in Austin that also Frys DEVILED EGGS! This is absolutely INSANE. WHO WOULD DO THIS!?! WINNERS! THAT IS WHO!!!!!
I have gotten into Masters of Song Fu round three by the skin of my ass. Here is the song, ‘O Queen‘ – and its lyrics below. I will post reviews of both rounds on this site.
Men look at queens of the past for their clues
trying to see where the problem lies
in these old women’s shoes
Many men could have said / off with the ladies head!
what shall I do with her ?
maybe my wife should burn …
Queen Christina, oh Queen Christina
how thankful am I, that I live my life in 2009 …
I look to the past and know my sorry ass
would have tried not to fight
but my head would have ended up upon a pike –
for all to see
matrimonial expressions of horror
at justice gone so awry!
CH / BR
If now were then
would you’ve pulled me off of the fire … then ..?
- instead of now asking me for advice
Queen Christina, Queen Christina oh queen …
PS. Christina is Christina of Sweden. She was not executed and lived from 1626-1689. She was the daughter of Gustavus Adolphus and she was a patron of the arts – helping men such as Corelli and Scarlatti.