1. it is fine to fall asleep upon your couch, if you are a snake.
2. when a snake purchases a couch, s/he must get delivery. Also they require assssssisssssstanccccce with their wallet.
3. Another song will come out today. Well, probably many will, but I mean another Psychotics song. For now, it’s going to be the only way that I participate in the contests unless the song faeries scream at me. It’s time for other things to happen; time to finish things from before that have been left undone. I feel okay about this, because I tend to feel odd if I’m not actively involved in a Thing making new material. Like I’m killing a practice routine.
3b. I came back in here because one of the things I’m doing is that I’ve changed two of my old contest songs I dislike and made them into one song that I like more. Right now, it plays well live. Soon, I’ll do a decent demo. It may go on part of The Project. Teaser: I’m calling it ‘If I Had One more Time To Panic.’
4. I’ve been stuck in troubling practice cycles before. Practicing is good, but I once gave myself tendinitis. I was never as good. When you hurt a part from working it too hard, those muscles and other moving parts don’t trust as much again.
Sometimes when I practice, I can hear my body thinking “yeah, right…” and I feel myself tense up.
5. I’d be a looser and less tense performer if I were a snake. But this would be irrelevant. Snakes don’t have hands.
Tag Archive: random
1. it is fine to fall asleep upon your couch, if you are a snake.
1. I’ve been Social Nyet-working and calling this blogging and ignoring things here because it has been a reminder that I am not properly set up on my own Situation yet. That being my Website-like-a-normal-person-which-I-own. Computer Situations fill me with dread. I’ve given myself a hard deadline and a Shame Schedule. This is a good thing. Seriously. It’s not bad shame, it’s the motivational kind. I don’t know what that means, so here is a limerick.
By the River there lived a Crude frog
He swam out to sit on a log
he pulled down his pants
and did a Lewd Dance
and he ought to be ashamed of himself…
2. See. That’s Poem shame. That’s just healthy good sense.
3. Haha! As we can air-plane-ly see, reality has deserted me for the evening.
4. I have made several charming videos of myself playing a few of the songs I wrote for songfight recently. I’ll post some when I decide which ones make me look cool and like I regularly comb my hair and do laundry.
5. I am totally professional and really worth looking into and not just Yanking Your Chain (I’m using the royal You. Earlier today I used the royal We. I could get accustomed to that.). By now you have figured out that this is a blog that is a waste of your time and is about nothing.
6. I ate chocolate today and listened to some well recorded jazz. The chocolate had orange in it. They have bacon in the chocolate now. Bacon is the new cupcake, which was the new taco, I suppose. I had a taco as well. There’s peach pie here too. I don’t sound real healthy, do I?
7. I need to listen to music more. It’s probably odd to hear a musician say this because I hear musicians talk lots about how they are always listening to music and I am often overwhelmed by stimuli and would like to live in a silent cave (not really, i fear bats. there used to be bats in college at the music building. one flew at me in a practice room. I’m not lying.). But I guess CaveFishy-ness is Bad Behavior when we are considering the worthy quest to be come a well rounded individual (not just a round individual, which will happen if I eat all of the pie tomorrow yumyumyum).
7.5- also we’re going to brunch tomorrow. Austinites are addicted to brunch.
7.75-Same with reading as with music though. I probably need to go back into another Research and Development phase. I was in one a few years ago and it felt really good. Then I got really overwhelmed by Information and my Filters broke. This turns you into a babbling idiot and it’s hard to make content when you are hiding from the Internet because you feel like if you go outside you will be killed by a flying library. That would be a good way to go, if one had to. But it’s hard to think..
8. I’ve hermitted and made a lot of content. I’ve been pretty strict about what goes in my ears. A lot has to do with proximity, obligation, and my relationships. I think I’d like to start pursuing interests that just reflect things I like. I’m afraid that I will like things that everyone else hates though. I really sometimes like to hear the beginning of a song over and over. Or just the way someone sings one word. What if I like something really “lame?” I fear sometimes I have no taste. But isn’t this one of those things?
I have a lot of questions and am finding things objectionable today. Many things have been highly annoying.
9. This blog is really scattered. I should probably not hit Publish.
I owe a few people some phone calls and I know this.
“i hate the swimming pool,” you say
disdainfully to me
as I’m sitting on the front porch swing,
thinking casually all my random thoughts
…so I, surprised, pull from my time
to validate your entry
to my peace of mind.
i notice, then, that you are wearing
i open up my yap
to comment to this fact …
but pause …
(We know how You get
Things Like That! -)
projected what you’d say
by remembering our past
like when you’d call a toad a road
or … label a spade a jack
or say Nobody Died
when all the flags fly at half mast.
(triumphant at my foresight),
“perhaps…don’t go in swimming!”
I settle back…so satisfied…
You ignore my carefully thought out suggestion.
(…usually you DO respond to Everything I say………..)
The front porch is a prison.
I walk to clear my mind.
…alone though all the garden
remembering greener times
Then I hear some revelry
and see through eyes (deceiving me?)
a pair of carefree …Business Trunks
-cavorting through a Concrete Sea.
(with Mermaids in Attendance).
(i wondered why I bothered, once again to split the difference)
You look at me like chocolate cake
You say “come in! the water’s fine!”
I say, “no thanks. My ship awaits.
The wormhole closes half-past-nine…”
I put this photo in because I am squinkily looking askance at something (yes, I had to spell check that. don’t judge). Also, I have lost my Red Glasses, so hopefully if I post something with them on that is putting out into the Universe and the Lost Item-Finder Goblins that I would like them Relocated Post-Haste-o.
1. I have a gig. Today this isn’t a good thing. Missing it isn’t an option.
2. I’m starving. But eating isn’t really an option either for the same reason that missing the gig isn’t an option. Or rather, eating will cause the missing of the gig. Which is unfortunate. I’ll do what I can.
3. Writing and checking in with writing all day has calmed me down. I know that I’m disconnecting, because I’m not even all that worried about the ning thing. Not even enough to post a link to the letter. Not really even enough to post links to anything.
4. I have no feelings for anything about anyone today. I am feeling really cold and unaffected and clinical.
5. Why did I title the post this? Oh yeah.
I have a lot of work to do right now. I counted up the projects. There are 32 active projects. That’s just stupid. They are not all marked “urgent.” Many of them are just mine … just things I am doing. So many of them are different things for people, one person doesn’t really know about the other, different aspects of my life, blah-blah-blah.
I think there are really just 12 things that HAVE to get done. Maybe 7 that need doing by this weekend’s end. Oh wait … no eight. That’s not too horrible. That’s 8 music things. Not eight life things. I still have to function and be a Productive Wife and Member of a Family and Human Being in a Community of Folks Who Give a Rat’s Ass.
(by the way, Mike does not put these ideas in my head. he is very nice. i am a goober.)
[aside. my iPhone just totally FREAKED OUT on me. it's sync-ing with my brain!]
But I will have to get stuff done, is what I’m saying. And if I feel like I’ve got the loose ends I have to say something. So I’m writing a letter to “myself” which is up here now so that I can say, “enough already” … if you’re distracted Mz. D, it’s Enigma Variations time. You’re grounded from the internet. There is too much stimuli. Because what if there’s a hostile takeover or something. An asparagus shortage. An alien landing and they don’t care about us but they have only come here to steal our mayonnaise. Gah! That would be a tragedy!
(why would the aliens need mayo? couldn’t they make it themselves?)
This is less a blog right now than a chronicle of my slow-slip into insanity! I really wanted this to be A Professional Thing. I am A Professional.
Hah. Not So Much. But my songs are hardly professional either, are they. And all the while I do this, I’m working in the back of my skull.
I suppose I should take the good with the bad and just let it happen as it does and do what I need to do to care for myself. Whatever is distracting.
1. Today is one of those days where I need to learn to leave well enough the hell alone. But I am a Pusher Of It. An Overstater of Facts. A Overapplyer of Icing. A ladel-ler of Gravy. So it’s time to eat dinner before I start over-applying effects to things that need to sit and mellow. Because I do tend to go overboard.
2. Quote of the day: “okay … the harpsichord’s a little hard to CONTROL …”
3. Random selection from ‘Book of Curious Lists’ which my Aunt Mary Ellen gave me as a gift and which will be a sublist
TRUSTWORTHY NAMES FOR A CAMEL
I can’t really think of any more. Those are all my good camel names.
4. Practicing is not great today. I’m not at the point where I’m doing what I think of as “applied, focused practice.” But I did make a video for my friend Heather from TMA. It’s a REALLY stupid video though. While I was looking at the stupid video, I found other stupid videos on my camera. They distracted me from other stuff I really need to get cracking on. I wonder why I am SO easily distracted!
5. I really need to get cleaned up and out of here!
6. I think I’m in a bit of a weird mix-y-upp-y depression, but I’m not real sure.
7. I’ve been reading about Nur Ein. But the deadline is in a couple of days and I have other more important things I have to hit. And I have to hit them WELL. Which is why I’m going to get a sandwich. Sandwiches provide perspective. Paricularly if they are made from cheese and cucumbers and tomatoes and they come with salsa and chips and you get a kombucha tea as well. YUMMMMM. Garden District I LOVE IT!!!!!
8. I need to get more Ramen for my house so that I neverever have to leave not even for tacos. Of course, if I buy some avocados and cheese and beans and rice and I could probably stay here. And a tomato or something too. and cilantro. Of course tortillas as well …
9. The other list was about taxidermy, but I chose camels, because it is Wednesday. Maybe tomorrow can be ‘Taxidermy Thursday.’
10. I’m thinking about starting a webcast. Like a talk-show thing. Like in the early evenings. I’m not sure though. I may tape it. I’d definately play new songs. It would make me write a song every week. Maybe more than one. I would probably write a song FOR the cast. And I’d have guests on the show, I think.
In four minutes, I would like to leave here to acquire some grilled cheese of some kind because my house smells like odd cat. Like a foreign cat from a desperate land. Not sure why.
So anyway. What am I supposed to do about the Donut Thing?
What is the Donut Thing?
Well, it’s something ridiculous I typed. And then repeated in chat. Which is a terrible place at Too Much Awesome where wonderful things can happen or you can freak out and have nubile teens watch you talk yourself into ever shortening corners. Mine are donut shaped. Because you CANNOT MAIL A DONUT. I looked into it. You can if you’re, like, a donut shop.
Here is a photo of a donut wearing sunglasses for your viewing entertainment:
Ha, ha. Very funny. I was thinking about sending PICTURES of a donut. And right now, I think I’m just going to have to save this and go.
Earlier, I tried to EAT part of the donut, before giving up on it in disgust.
I’m sure you all think I have a lot of time on my hands. I don’t. I’m actually in the middle of a LOT of things, and I’m doing all these OTHER things in the meantime to keep the Snow Leopard upgrade from driving me crazy (I dislike and fear change). Notice I did not say I Hated change this time. This is because I am Growing.
One thing that I am going to have to do before I leave the house though is get dressed.
I know that it is not going to be acceptable to send Rhod
1. A mere photograph of a donut. Particularly since he is a better photographer than me, and he can take pictures of donuts any time;
2. A drawing of a donut, for I cannot draw
3. An ice sculpture of a donut, because there’s no ice here, and it would totally melt.
I also would feel bad about sending more donutty fun to Rhod because I have not finished my TOTALLY DONE watermelon video. I need to get the cord to that FRICKIN camera. I am a PSYCOPATH! ACK!
The cool thing about being psycho though is that you can think of many things at once. And I have pestered my duo partner (who is very secretive) to allow me to put a cut of our rehearsal demo (which he has shown to no one) on some of my sites to promote our regular thursday gig. So I’ll do that right quick at TMA and then Tweet about it. Then I’ll get the hell out of my PJs, because to still be maniacally typing in your PJ’s at 1PM is just ASTOUNDING!!!
I’m at Polvos waiting for my husband to show up. I’m nursing a large margarita. I’m calm and focused. I haven’t smoked a cigar in a while, but I’d like to. I don’t really give much of a rat’s about what anybody thinks of me.
It’s really too tight for me to be standing here with my large bag. I feel this is metaphorical, but in a good way
We’re going to the cigar shop. I just put a poem on myspace. I think that this was an ineffectual decision, but probably much better than writing strongly worded letters to people in my past. This would accomplish nothing.
I’m “trying out” for a band today – in about four hours. I’m also going to try to make it to lodge. I told Christina that I was thinking of it like “I was going to audition them” though.
EXTRA: Something justhappened that makes me really angry. I am not going to talk about it though. I may post another poem, but here this time.