1. it is fine to fall asleep upon your couch, if you are a snake.
2. when a snake purchases a couch, s/he must get delivery. Also they require assssssisssssstanccccce with their wallet.
3. Another song will come out today. Well, probably many will, but I mean another Psychotics song. For now, it’s going to be the only way that I participate in the contests unless the song faeries scream at me. It’s time for other things to happen; time to finish things from before that have been left undone. I feel okay about this, because I tend to feel odd if I’m not actively involved in a Thing making new material. Like I’m killing a practice routine.
3b. I came back in here because one of the things I’m doing is that I’ve changed two of my old contest songs I dislike and made them into one song that I like more. Right now, it plays well live. Soon, I’ll do a decent demo. It may go on part of The Project. Teaser: I’m calling it ‘If I Had One more Time To Panic.’
4. I’ve been stuck in troubling practice cycles before. Practicing is good, but I once gave myself tendinitis. I was never as good. When you hurt a part from working it too hard, those muscles and other moving parts don’t trust as much again.
Sometimes when I practice, I can hear my body thinking “yeah, right…” and I feel myself tense up.
5. I’d be a looser and less tense performer if I were a snake. But this would be irrelevant. Snakes don’t have hands.
Tag Archive: LISTS
1. it is fine to fall asleep upon your couch, if you are a snake.
1. Greetings. I am sorry I do not ka-blog much anymore.
2. I do post things on the Networks of Social Importance. It is gratifying somewhat. But then my blog kicks sad sand along the pouty beach. Wah.
3. I have 6% battery on this phone.
4. I made it through 3 (in actuality, that’s 4) rounds of the Nur Ein song contest (which is linked on the side there) while all weird and depressed. I’m pretty stoked about this, because for the past four months I have had the mental clarity of bat guano. You can grow vegetables in it, but it does not produce symphonies, albums, or Great Novels.
5. I started going for walks and making routines and steadily working on Top Secret Projects that will Amaze and Delight. Really, they are not secret, they are more just hard to explain at the moment.
My battery power growls at me. I blame stupid Candy Crush and will tag tomorrow. Don’t judge.
1. I’ve been Social Nyet-working and calling this blogging and ignoring things here because it has been a reminder that I am not properly set up on my own Situation yet. That being my Website-like-a-normal-person-which-I-own. Computer Situations fill me with dread. I’ve given myself a hard deadline and a Shame Schedule. This is a good thing. Seriously. It’s not bad shame, it’s the motivational kind. I don’t know what that means, so here is a limerick.
By the River there lived a Crude frog
He swam out to sit on a log
he pulled down his pants
and did a Lewd Dance
and he ought to be ashamed of himself…
2. See. That’s Poem shame. That’s just healthy good sense.
3. Haha! As we can air-plane-ly see, reality has deserted me for the evening.
4. I have made several charming videos of myself playing a few of the songs I wrote for songfight recently. I’ll post some when I decide which ones make me look cool and like I regularly comb my hair and do laundry.
5. I am totally professional and really worth looking into and not just Yanking Your Chain (I’m using the royal You. Earlier today I used the royal We. I could get accustomed to that.). By now you have figured out that this is a blog that is a waste of your time and is about nothing.
6. I ate chocolate today and listened to some well recorded jazz. The chocolate had orange in it. They have bacon in the chocolate now. Bacon is the new cupcake, which was the new taco, I suppose. I had a taco as well. There’s peach pie here too. I don’t sound real healthy, do I?
7. I need to listen to music more. It’s probably odd to hear a musician say this because I hear musicians talk lots about how they are always listening to music and I am often overwhelmed by stimuli and would like to live in a silent cave (not really, i fear bats. there used to be bats in college at the music building. one flew at me in a practice room. I’m not lying.). But I guess CaveFishy-ness is Bad Behavior when we are considering the worthy quest to be come a well rounded individual (not just a round individual, which will happen if I eat all of the pie tomorrow yumyumyum).
7.5- also we’re going to brunch tomorrow. Austinites are addicted to brunch.
7.75-Same with reading as with music though. I probably need to go back into another Research and Development phase. I was in one a few years ago and it felt really good. Then I got really overwhelmed by Information and my Filters broke. This turns you into a babbling idiot and it’s hard to make content when you are hiding from the Internet because you feel like if you go outside you will be killed by a flying library. That would be a good way to go, if one had to. But it’s hard to think..
8. I’ve hermitted and made a lot of content. I’ve been pretty strict about what goes in my ears. A lot has to do with proximity, obligation, and my relationships. I think I’d like to start pursuing interests that just reflect things I like. I’m afraid that I will like things that everyone else hates though. I really sometimes like to hear the beginning of a song over and over. Or just the way someone sings one word. What if I like something really “lame?” I fear sometimes I have no taste. But isn’t this one of those things?
I have a lot of questions and am finding things objectionable today. Many things have been highly annoying.
9. This blog is really scattered. I should probably not hit Publish.
I owe a few people some phone calls and I know this.
1. I haven’t posted in a while, and I need to. You don’t become Invisible unless you stop wearing clothes…
…wait a second… THAT’S not what I meant!!!
2. let’s try that again. This is a family blog. Yeah. I’m serious.
3. I’m drinking TopoChico out of a tiny, tiny bottle and am going to my writers thing tonight. Tomorrow I am going to visit some friends and that’s exciting. If this update is boring your previously bouncy hair into a state of limp lifelessness, I’m very sorry. Perhaps you need more exciting shampoo. It’s not up to me to make your existence bounce like a 1980s Prell commercial with my Blog’s Funny Wit. You won’t find that kinda consistency here, kids.
4. Something happened over the weekend. It’s a serious thing. I may talk more about it if I can find the appropriate time or words to do so. I am sorry to be so cryptic. Things are also happening to me personally, and have been for quite a while. They go back for perhaps years. At some point, I will take stock, and then perhaps since I started out talking about myself in this Bloggar-ly way, I will return to that. I’d stopped doing it because I’d grown increasingly private. Maybe it’s time to become more like myself again. There’s nothing wrong with that. Damn I’m mysterious. If I could sew, I would certainly make myself a cape.
4. Mike is making some potato-pork chop thing. It smells good. I don’t feel hungry but much as the heart changes the mind of her mercurial sister, the brain; a nose changes the mind of its fickle brother, the stomach. Pronouns are not set in stone here, your milage may vary. I know better than to burst with pride at that metaphor, but I’m trying, people.
5. I painted my nails and toenails recently and they look fanTASTIC. They are blue sparkly and the toenails I did weird pink and blue and green with polka dots like fun ice-creamy colors and I look like it’s time to have a fun party. All I need is icing, a crossbow, and a reason.
Poetry will be posted later, and possibly some pictures. For now, I just thought I’d write.
I am achieving MORE unrighteousness in the Words with Friends-friends game. I can only say I’m sorry, and offer these excuses, which are that they wouldn’t take these perfectly fine words which are good and great and are Spelt correctly. So don’t get out the rieth of legad and beat me with it. Flarg.
(see THIS previous entry for context CLUEZ)
GLOSSARY PT. 2 (via the XONDORIAN ROYAL INTERGALACTIC EMBASSY)
[not in alpha-bet-soup-ic-al order...]
a more dastardly sort of trowel
a sure footed and lithe water bird with a long, beak that gets into absolutely EVERYBODY’s business.
yet ANOTHER note to follow sol,
Xondor’s second moon. A Very Suspicious Place, indeed.
both the plural and singular form of the mysterious rock creatures of Zitth
a quorum of Quegad
yet ANOTHER drink with jam and bread.
the geological epoch in which bacterial life began to form
a strange substance best not discussed.
grandma abhors a vaceby.
the vein that runs across a well pumped gym member’s upper arm at a finer workout establishment
flower arrangements with spy-eyes.
The ruling body of the Eomen (who are clarvoiant magic users)
a place of good spelling. See “The Rieth of Legad”
THE RIETH OF LEGAD
The stick that you hit people with who don’t spell real good.
an ear-creature. but it’s not really gross or anything. no really. it sounds worse than it is.
Legal trouble of the intergalactic sort.
a tuber similar to a potato, but purplish.
1. And so it begins.
2. And not rather well.
3. I’m hoping it improves. I’m about to go try some piano-y stuff …
4. *deep dramatic sigh*
5. ps. this is a SUPER SECRET place this is on … so BE CAREFUL …. #sharplyindrawnbreath!
1. Back away slowly. These are paradoxically both the oddest and most common of earthlings. They may flutter their Pom Poms in your face and begin chanting arbitrarily.
2. Allow them to explain the presence of “toros in the atmosphere.” Remember. A willing suspension of disbelief is key.
3. In more intimate settings, allow them to dominate the conversation.
4. Do NOT make them read beyond a third grade level.
5. DO try to check your ire, and perhaps learn what you can from their strange social practices. [NOTE: Apparently, one must engage in discourse with other humans in order to run the planet.]
6. Easily overpower them with memes and well placed social norms.
7. Set up conventions based around mutually shared areas of interest but hold secret meetings in closed session with discussion of how to take the planet’s power from the Loud and Ignorant.
8. Begin smear campaign based largely in well placed internet promotionals and other materials celebrating the casual quiet superiority of the Introvert; and decrying the drooling common idiocy of all who needily derive power from others to engage pathetically on a social level.
9. Watch society crumble.
10. Drink Jolt cola. Revel in success. Set up detention camps with mandatory times of “Quiet Reflection” and “Thoughtfulness Indoctrination.” Forbid any comparison to Godwin’s Law.
11. Celebrate new found power of introversion and your new dizzying popularity and the Era of the Subjugation of the Extrovert.
12. Organize a series of gladiatorial games to rid the earth of these aberrations once and for all!
13. Purchase Pom Poms.
14. Like … OMG! April Fools! I *totally* tested introvert on my TestyMcThing! Its @suspiciousden’s birthday, crazy-s!!! Get over yourselves!!!
I’m just trying to hang on till International Absentminded Sexy Professor in Latex Day, y’all. Shaaa…
1. I dropped my cookie in my coffee and it disintegrated.
2. I want a piece of cake and mexican coke for lunch, and probably vodka and ciggies too; but these are not healthy choices and will not improve my range or my carriage and demeanor. I think the Lunar Army are probably making Preemptive Strikes, because my moods are variable and Inconsistent. If you don’t like to hear about this, get off my blog.
3. that was squirchy, wasn’t it. Nothing I say is coming out right today. I sound like a bad transmission.
4. I’m behind on my work.
5. I’ll just get my things and go …. :/