1. a RandallThing.
2. two things for Joe which are Optional but I would like to do anyway.
3. Nur Ein!
3. clean the stupid dumbdumb closet, damnit.
4. review Round Zero, although at this point whatevermonkey.
5. read and edit more bookie-book.
6. frickkin sleep, dammit.
7. attend to some semblance of personal hygiene.
8. learn to spell.
9. take the Cylon to his “dancing lessons.” (this is sort of a metaphor, but not really)
Archive for April, 2011
1. a RandallThing.
1. i have kind of a funny feeling about this week. but there is so much going on that maybe that’s what it’s about. i think i’m just nervous about all that.
2. i have to get my songfight done by around noon tomorrow if I want to get it in. That’s less than 12 hours. i’ve already gotten it written, but I’m wacky tired.
3. I just had a cuh-crazy practice session. It felt awesome.
4. i really have a lot of damn files on this cylon, and I know that everyone is sick of hearing about this. I will feel MUCH better when I am organized, both in my brain and out of it.
5. Perhaps I will stop whining then.
I have this unrealistic goal of having all my music files organized by early next week. I have about four things I’d like to see done. I think perhaps I’m being silly, but I don’t know.
I think I might need to nap for a while.
1. I’m finishing off Round One of Nur Ein. I’m getting better about doing critical reviews. I think that I am getting used to this, and might try doing a live show. Maybe Thursday, I’ll listen to my friend Kalu and actually review him and some of his songs. This will be hard, because my roommate is in the band. I might have to put a caveat in there, because I live with him and maybe there’s a kind of no-no there. Also, the guitar player is a REALLY good friend of ours and I think he is going to help me film a video.
Maybe that is NOT such a good idea. Maybe I’ll review something else. Maybe I should review shows sight-unseen. Or just CDs. Or maybe just not review at all, and this is just a thing that I’m doing when I am in contests with people who are like me.
Good. I’m glad we’ve got that sorted.
This is all really just practice that has become an addiction that has gone wildly out of control. But like some of the other songfighters, I am thinking of putting my songs from that into something that I can actually MAKE a “thing” out of. I have LOTS of fights that I didn’t submit.. and I’m thinking of doing something with that. No.. it’s actually IN the books.
2. Okay. we’re at number two now. The challenge is “it must be autobiographical” (this made me muchly mirthful) and the title is ‘Blame it on Ginger.’ I am running with this because I’m taking it as a ginger – which is one of the options that has been discussed on the boards.
It is made of bacon and a fried egg and an English muffin and some cheese I think. And Mike makes faces when I take his photo. He does that a lot.
More laughing then….
This is Joe, making fun of me and my stupid facial expressions. I think we will make this into a duality photo one day, if I can find the photo which he is spoofing. There is probably more than one.
I probably feel very comfy with Joe because I think that spicy boys are not going to snow me. It has proved to be true thus far. So this song will be more of a joke than anything. I’m already having a lot of fun with it, but I’m quite busy today and one of the blame-y things I can think of (in Joe’s case) is the fact that ANOTHER thing I have to do is remix my entry from round one because it is TOO QUIET ON THE VOCALS yet again. *sigh*… this is a recurring problem for me and mixing I’m afraid just doesn’t come naturally.
So I guess I will struggle on.
3. Bonus though.. two of them:
- Mike is coming home EARLY today so we will get to eat a nice lunch. He’s home already! Score!
-there are old speakers outside the study. I may be able to used these for alternative monitors for mixes so I can see how different monitors reflect different … uh… well, you know blahblahblah…
You know. Like a real studio.
Anyway. Hopping to it…
1. I had eggs and french toast.
2. i am doing two very special projects.
3. I am going to fix my nur ein song because it is not done.
4. i am going to do song fight reviews
5. i experimented. I am playing with more in-depth denise-y blogs at a place i don’t really like. but there it is.
6. i am a little bit sick-kish.
7. i could use a hug. several in fact.
8. kisses too please. kthnx.
9. my hair is still cute.
10. so are you yes. i mean all of you.
11. i’m back to thinking the word ‘weasel’ is funny; rather than just an easy shot and some kind of ploy.
12. i’m REALLY tired of facebook and might take a break. I’ll update thru twitter and answer comments cuz i get push on those and mails thru the phone.
13. is not an unlucky number, dammit!
ps. thanks folks for commenting on my video. you are all gorgeous, stunning creatures and in my thoughts. have a great day.
While I clean, I am also cleaning my computer.
This year has NOT been a waste of my time. Not at all. This has been a year of the best writing I have done in my life. Though no one has seen it. Yet.
I have space to clear and work to do.
The slippers I bought at the store
they were soft and had wings on the heels
They made the way softer it seemed
they made it look…
like it wasn’t so heavy a door
The man on the mountainside might
not really be holding a knife
He doesn’t care and it doesn’t matter
…he is really a most worthy guide!
so take the leap before you look
take every page out of the book
take each drop out of the soup
To sleep soundly, enter the loop
I haven’t done one of these in a while!
1. Get dressed and go DO something LISTY! (just SHAMEFUL!)
2. It should REALLY involve mac’n'cheese!
3. Because I just want mac-n-cheese, that’s why! Do people need a REASON?
4. I STILL want cake, but this time I need chocolate cake. Or cheese cake… ooooooo.
5. Or like a brownie or something.
6. I think i’ll take a lollipop with me.
7. I’m still dealing with the damn cylon
7. There are two number sevens.
8. I have some music to work on today.
9. I am going to do my songfight AND nur ein reviews today!
10. I made second place in round zero. I want to hope this good fortune will continue, but I do NOT want to jinx myself. Still, Spintunes tanked so horribly after Fu went so well, so maybe this is an upswing for me
11. There IS no eleven.
12. I have to go to a special room now, and stop making this list. That is perhaps too much information, but I am a Special Girl Alien.
I didn’t even know it was today until I looked.
Man… what would that be… 17 years? A long time ago. Since a kind of strange anniversary fell on a Sunday.
I have a book that I read once. I think I need to read it again. It got me kicked out of a dark place a little bit… but I never finished the course before.
Two other people I know did it. One is moving here and the other world tours regularly.
The people around me who are successful do not fret. And I was at my peak prime… a little over a year ago… when I had my eye on the prize.
I am looking at these videos and I am astounding, and beautiful. I always thought I would feel beautiful if I LOST 40 pounds. Maybe I am the only woman in history who wishes for the confidence back that her jigglyness gave her.
I knew myself then. I do not know this new, sick body. I have not talked about this lately-unhappy cold new sick body.
But I have named and identified the problem. A smile crosses my face again. The flowers have begun to bloom. Spring has come again. The winter will be over. The seasons will melt and thaw away. Birds will sing……….. delicious.
I can master this. There are so many people that watch and see and wait and maybe… hopefully … would like to hear and know.
So… there’s this guy I know.
You don’t even remember what that means, do you?
Ha, ha. Just kidding. Just a misplaced song quotation! Getting back to the point.. .The TRAVIS NORRIS WATERMELON CHALLENGE CLASSIC was a thing that happened.
STEP ONE: Collect underpants. No.. wait. I think that’s just a PHASE… and is something else…
Write a song about a Watermelon with no Adjectives.
TWO: Write the second verse with no proper nouns.
THREE: Write it backwards.
I believe this decision has completely negatively affected the course of my life in horrible ways. It can all be traced back to THAT.
Well, today I have decided that I am going to change that. It all starts now. With the watermelon song. I am waiting for Vizzini………
This is where I am. This is where I will stay.
(I am clearly not getting enough sleep.)