I have gotten into Masters of Song Fu round three by the skin of my ass. Here is the song, ‘O Queen‘ – and its lyrics below. I will post reviews of both rounds on this site.
Men look at queens of the past for their clues
trying to see where the problem lies
in these old women’s shoes
Many men could have said / off with the ladies head!
what shall I do with her ?
maybe my wife should burn …
Queen Christina, oh Queen Christina
how thankful am I, that I live my life in 2009 …
I look to the past and know my sorry ass
would have tried not to fight
but my head would have ended up upon a pike –
for all to see
matrimonial expressions of horror
at justice gone so awry!
CH / BR
If now were then
would you’ve pulled me off of the fire … then ..?
- instead of now asking me for advice
Queen Christina, Queen Christina oh queen …
PS. Christina is Christina of Sweden. She was not executed and lived from 1626-1689. She was the daughter of Gustavus Adolphus and she was a patron of the arts – helping men such as Corelli and Scarlatti.
This is Tori, the gerbil in question and the star of the Masters of Song Fu Round Two competition song ‘Anna’s Gerbil & the Singularity.’ Tori is part of a gerbil community with the charming name Twin Squeaks Gerbils. I really lucked out by not sampling some random gerbil. I know all gerbils are God’s creatures; all heading toward eventual singularities of their own … But this is a celebrity gerbil. She’s had many views. She’s got more fans than me …
Random Gerbil would be an AWESOME band name …
Here it is:
‘Anna’s Gerbil & the Singularity‘
You can vote at the Quick Stop Songfu webite. If you have trouble voting, refresh the cache and try again. The voting engine has been squinky.
Below is the story of the song. If you feel there are any gaps or questions, use your imagination!
The way I keep things (relatively) short is to do it in list form, so we’ll keep it to that:
‘ANNA’s GERBIL & the SINGULARITY’ …
1. Anna is abruptly awakened! Her gerbil was already awake, spinning-spinning on his cute wheel.
2. She hears something … she is amazed and communes with it. Its beauty distracts her from a hostile takeover of her bedroom.
3. This is their first step.
4. The strange visitors come in two forms … Master and Slave
5. The slaves can fit in a cage … but gerbils don’t think of themselves as slaves like the visitors do
6. The slaves are very tiny, the masters, are not. The masters have lovely voices.
7. The gerbil doesn’t want to share his cage with tiny programmed slaves running robot military drills in between his wheel and the food.
8. Anna feels her gerbil is upset; the gerbil becomes agitated and protests his plight by loudly stomping his foot.
9. The tiny robots suddenly understand they are in a first contact situation and immediately disappear – taking their large ship and masters with them.
Do Anna and her gerbil now share a psychic connection? Did the self-improving scarily advanced “race” of robots’ finally reach a tipping point into self-actualization? Did the robots and the gerbil come together in a kind of psychic and territorial peace treaty? Were the robots ever going to grow in size?
Who knows? Maybe they had eerie weapons and it is better they left. Maybe they went to a certain wormhole to study the reject song ideas. Or simply, to rock.
So, I’m uploading a video on YouTube.
It’s just a cute little video I took of a friend of mine’s kid at a Mexican restuarant a few months ago. But I’m thinking about these things, because I’m doing this SongFu thing and everyone is doing videos and achieving and doing all this other stuff. I’m a real hermit crab – and don’t even like to put that many things on myspace. I’m really chuffed that I’ve even put ‘Tomorrow’s Not Today’ up there, because it’s a real good song and I feel like I’ve “lost” it somehow to the “powers that be.” Even when I get it “back,” there will still be a “server copy” lying around somewhere and that could get hacked to bits and changed into a combo Elephant Tap dancing PeeweeHerman Rapa-baroqabilly Housetrance Acoustic Spoken Word Solo Underwear Concerto. That’s if anything amazing ever happens to-me-ha-ha (which is the type of attitude I suppose these big companies bank on you having; the “well aren’t YOU big for YOUR britches to think that YOU need to copyright yourself so much that your PRECIOUS material doesn’t need OUR DIY help … you VISCIOUS PROLE!!!”). Meanwhile, there’d be a lawsuit the size of Pangaea if we took a brass farthing from them …
So I’m doing some research on all this, and I’m uploading the video at the same time.
Funnily enough, the video kept loading JUST fine. But the ‘terms of service’ site kept coming up with a server error message. As in “the YouTube servers are busy. Or down. Nuttinhoney ??? Move along, Charlie! :)9 (that’s a cybergrin with a stylish and jaunty goatee). All the while, my file’s busy chugg, chugg, chugging away. Now, I’m no techie. Maybe I was part of the traffic clog. But it seems kind of odd to me. How much fairy dust does it take to open the terms of service page? Why is that one the first to go? And three times? How extremely odd!
I did find an interesting article about all this though.
Makes me rethink all my plans about how I’m going to do all this. Again. Like I haven’t been already the whole time.
Would Alex Jones feel proud? One-upped? Or just call me an ameteur. A dilletante!!!
1. Bedtime. HA!; 2. Lists: Finally making their wordpress debut. Yay. They’ve been on my lj forever; 3. Songfu: starting to freak me out; 4. Husband: sleeping, like a normal person. I should record him, because he’s snoring; and sounds like Ferris Beuler’s recording. That’d just be wrong though; 5. My blankets itch. This might have something to do with my non-sleepiness. And excessive Twittering …
PS. Texas thunderstrorms rule, except for the stupidroaches.